Fostering a fun, safe, and nurturing environment for learning
Coastal Kids’ educational program is based on the Creative Curriculum®, which uses a theme-based curriculum and meets Maine’s Early Learning Standards. Some key features include:
- Interest centers to promote active, hands-on learning
- Music and art integrated into our daily work in each class
- Abundant time outside on our playgrounds, tending our garden beds, splashing in our wading pools or playing in the snow (depending on the season!), sharing lessons in our outdoor classroom, and exploring the woods on our nature trail
- Indoor and outdoor play structures to promote motor skills and social interaction
- Educating the whole child
Our highly qualified staff and low student-teacher ratio enables us to focus on encouraging all areas of development: cognitive, language, communication, fine and large motor, and social-emotional growth. Lessons include learning colors, numbers, and letters. Our school day also includes learning about emotions, learning how to treat our friends, and learning to enjoy the learning process.
Children learn through developmentally appropriate opportunities to explore, create, manipulate, and experiment – and also have time for arts and crafts, games and activities, snacks, stories, and quiet rest. Coastal Kids provides a fun, safe, and nurturing environment for all students to learn, play, and grow.